Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Goodbye Barbara Williams


I haven't done my songs for a couple of weeks. We had a very good family friend to pass away 2 weeks ago today and I just didn't feel like it. Barbara had been my grandmother's friend all my life. I grew up going with my grandmother to her house for a week or 2 at a time. Barbara fought a long battle with cancer and has now earned her crown in Heaven. I have never been able to read Proverbs 31 without thinking of her. I think she was a living breathing example of how to be a godly woman and wife. Almost 2 years ago I went to the renew of wedding vows for her and her husband of 50 years. Here is a picture of them.

I couldn't hardly see for crying as I watch Bobby hold and support her that day. They were such an example of a Christian couple. She was so weak then but God granted her family almost 22 more months of her loving presence in their lives. A few days after the funeral I was driving to work and heard this song. I am sure I have heard it before but that day it clicked for me. We are sad because we miss her but this isn't any of our homes. We are just passing through and need to never forget and keep striving for our final home. When someone we love dies we aren't sad for their sake but for our own. Barbara is with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords today and is praising and worshipping in all truth and spirit but we who are left without her grace and beauty are in pain. If we press on, then one day we will be reunited and she can take us by the hand and say come meet the One who made it possible to live in Heaven forever. I can't wait to be in the same place with my grandmother and Barbara again. I know we don't remember most of this life but it does say you will be known as you are known and I think that those two wonderful women embraced once again at the gates of Heaven and immediately knew they had been dear friends on Earth.



My grandmother and Barbara used to go to church together when I was growing up. I choose a different church but I still went to hot dog sales and the likes at their church. Here is recipe that I got from Barbara years ago. I usually take it to potlucks at my church and make it for holidays. On my job in NC, one of the big bosses fell in love with this pudding. I had to make it for him several times. Its the most awesome banana pudding I have ever had. I always make it in a big punch bowl and I don't think I have ever had any leftovers. I don't know where Barbara got the recipe but its awesome.

Banana Pudding
3 boxes of vanilla pudding
3 cups cold milk
8 oz cool whip
8 oz sour cream
1 box vanilla wafers
Bananas

Mix the pudding and the milk just as regular pudding. Add
cool whip and sour cream. Layer wafers, pudding mix and bananas
in a bowl, repeating until pudding mix is gone. top with crushed wafers.

This is my tribute to one of the newest members of that Heavenly choir. I love and miss you but know that you are in a better and happier place for you personally.

5 comments:

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I just left a message but I think it got blipped off.

I thought your expression of tribute to Barbara was beautifully said. She would have loved it, I'm sure. And yes... she is alive and really living tonight, isn't she?

I'm so glad she knew Him, and that she is now rejoicing in His presence. She just got there first!

Thanks for sharing, the song and her story!

Blessings!

Sonja

Cathy said...

That is a sweet picture and song. Thank you for the recipe. Blessings ~

Lisa notes... said...

What a beautiful song and post in honor of your grandmother's friend. It blessed me more than you know. Thanks.

Rajee said...

I already emailed you that you won Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max Diapers & Liz Lange Diaper Clutch Giveaway – 3 Winners!in my website,http://momsfocusonline.com/winners-of-march-12-15-2010.html
Please send your mailing address and respond within few hours before choosing another winner. Email me to momsfocus@gmail.com

Karen said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandmother's friend...beautiful song....

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase