Pages

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

keep on trying

Have you ever just had a job where you didn't fit. It wasn't what you were called to do. I think everyone has a calling on their lives, it just takes some of us longer to find it. I thought this information was neat, its from Hardly Famous. So if you hate your job then ask God to help you find what you were meant to do and keep searching until you find it. I don't think you have to be rich or famous to find your calling but I do think once you find you calling you will be content and happy.


Michael Jordan – His first job was in a hotel and it lasted a week. (I actually loved working in a hotel, I like talking to different people all the time and helping the lost travelers find their way)
Bono – Gas station attendant. (I didn't mind this job except for the grief you get when you have it I.D. people or dealing with the thieves who steal gas and you are accountable. I loved talking to the customers though and I can honestly say I did a great job and my customers all loved me because I went the extra mile.)
Al Pacino – He got fired from his first job as a cinema usher.
Mariah Carey – Hat checker (she got fired).
Stephen King – Janitor.
Robin Williams – Ice-cream scooper.
Jennifer Aniston – Telemarketer. (I sucked at this. I am not aggressive enough and I don't like using the phone)
Warren Beaty – Rat catcher.
Tom Hanks – Popcorn and peanuts vendor.
Madonna – Worked at a Dunkin Donuts.
Clint Eastwood – Pool boy, gas station attendant.
Brad Pitt – Dressed as a giant chicken for a Mexican restaurant.
Ellen Degeneres – Cleaned cars.
Rod Stewart – Grave digger.
Mick Jagger – Porter in a mental hospital.
Nicolas Cage – Sold popcorn at a theatre.
Julia Roberts – Worked in an ice cream shop.
Quentin Tarantino – Video store clerk.
Danny DeVito – Hairdresser in his sister’s salon.
Keanu Reeves – Janitor.

1 comments:

susan said...

My children are all still making their way in the world and I pray daily that they will find what God wants them to do to make them who they were meant to be! Thanks for visiting!

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase