Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Saint Patrick's day


I don't really have much to say. I can't seem to get organized since I work night shift. I usually go all out because I just love this holiday. I have a couple of very distant ancestors from Ireland and I have always wanted to go there so I make a big deal but not this year. You have to love a man who drives snakes out of a place though. I don't' really have any plans for St Paddy's day and about the only thing I made that was green was St Paddy Fluff. I made this and took to work.

St Paddy Fluff (but you can change it to any color to fit anything)
8oz cool whip
6oz yogurt (lime for St Paddy and I use low fat)
.32 oz jello (lime for St Paddy and I use sugar free)

mix everything in a bowl until completely mixed together. Either dump into a graham or shortbread pie crust if you want a pie or just keep in the bowl for fluff. Refrigerate a couple of hours and serve. You can make it any flavor or color just match the yogurt and jello and get creative. Sometimes I make orange, or strawberry, possibilities are wide. There is about 600 calories in the whole thing if you use diet products and don't put it in a pie crust. Its quick and simple but everyone loves it.

Prayer for the Faithful by Saint Patrick

May the Strength of God guide us.
May the Power of God preserve us.
May the Wisdom of God instruct us.
May the Hand of God protect us.
May the Way of God direct us.
May the Shield of God defend us.
May the Angels of God guard us.
- Against the snares of the evil one.

May Christ be with us!
May Christ be before us!
May Christ be in us,
Christ be over all!

May Thy Grace, Lord,
Always be ours,
This day, O Lord, and forevermore. Amen.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase