Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cold Wednesday.

I am really starting to wonder if its ever going to be pretty again. Its rainy and cold yet another day here in North Carolina. I still am not feeling that great. I appear to have some odd reaction to the Prednisone and my back is all bruised and hurting. I am tired of being cold so I have the heat on for a just a little bit to take the chill out. I did have some happy news today. My aunt and her husband are trying to work their marriage out. I am thrilled with that since my uncle has been in the family for so long, I can't imagine life without him as part of our family. Plus he is a good man and I know that God had no part in her wanting to move on.

I have been planning some weekend shopping deals since this is payday. Plus Harris Teeter is having triples this week so I can't wait to see what I can find for free.
Since its so cold I wanted something warm to eat and whipped up a quick cream of potato soup and some no bake cookies. I like potato soup but my oldest could live off of it. All we do is boil some potatoes until they are soft, drain the water add butter, milk and salt and thats it.

Here is the recipe for the no bake cookies.
Small Batch No Bake Cookies

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.

Yield: 18 cookies


Here is a picture of some things I got in the mail this week.

I got a full size correcting primer from Physician's Formula, coupon for a free pint of Breve Creme creamer, coupon for a free Suave Professionals product (this was from a Facebook offer) and the cutest little art kit. I can't remember the site I was on but I entered a giveaway and part of the prize was an art kit but they also had a link that the first 5 people to sign up got a mini art kit. The contest had been posted for over a week but I figured what the heck and signed up and I was one of the 5. Its just adorable with the mini colored pencils, crayons and chalk. Also I got a reusable tote shopping bag from Sea Pak but it wasn't in the picture. I apparently one this on facebook.

1 comments:

Tiffanee said...

Wow I love what you got in the mail!! I also love no bakes!! Thanks for a great recipe.

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase