Pages

Monday, May 02, 2011

Death of Bin Laden



The big news around the world today is the supposed death of Osama bin Laden. Navy Seals supposedly shot him and he has been buried at sea. I am a doubting Thomas since he has already supposedly been buried at sea. I would be more trusting with an actual body. Assuming its true, on one hand I am glad that such a terrible person is dead but on the other hand I am sad that someone has died lost and undone. Its been almost 10 years since the terrible tragedy of Sept 11, 2011 and the loss of so many innocent lives but there have been so many more lives lost since then in the pursuit of Osama bin Laden. I refer back to the Bible "Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles" (Proverbs 24:17).
"Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his way and live? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore, turn yourselves, and live ye."--Ezek. 18:23, 32

If bin Laden is truly dead, there are already people waiting to fill the spot. Evil runs wild in this world and the middle east has been a feuding ground since the days of Ishmal and Isaac. I pray that those who are lost will come to know the truth of Jesus Christ as their Savior before its too late. I long for the day when Jesus returns and we can leave this evil world for good. Evil seems to be making me more and more homesick as the days go by.

Revelation 21
1. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase