Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Offended

I am getting ready for bed but have some thoughts I wanted to post first. I subscribe to a lot of email blog postings and as I was looking over my emails this morning, I saw one and the heading was words to the effect of Another Famous Person dead, Who Cares? Basically her rant was that Whitney was a bad person and how it was a tragedy that all these wonderful church people died but who really cares that Whitney died and what a bad role model she was. Now the biggest thing that bothers me is that this woman apparently thinks she is right with God and I think she needs to fall on her knees and ask for forgiveness. First off I can say that Jesus cares that this beautiful young woman pass from this earth most likely in an unsaved condition, second Jesus says in John 8:7 "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.". If you are without sin in your life than please let me shake your hand because I want to fall down and worship at your feet since you must be Jesus Christ since Romans says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Yes, Whitney made some bad choices in her life but we are supposed to be compassionate and have love one for another. 1 John 3:14 says "we know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death." How much love is there in the statement who cares? If you are saved and haven't made really bad mistakes in your life than you need to thank God for His mercy and if you think that its all your doing than I suggest you search yourself. Except for the Grace of God, there goes I. Sorry for the long post but I get so upset with people who have no compassion or are so judgemental and think they are so above other people. I don't know about you but I know that I am a sinner saved only by the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ and that he thought my sins were so bad that they required Him to be tortured and to die that I might have forgiveness for them. Ok I am done ranting now.

2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

I am so glad you stopped by Heart Choices and mentioned this post you wrote. I linked my post on Whitney Houston to my Facebook profile and I got a few comments that were similar to what you wrote some people are saying. And these people are Christians. I am a sinner saved by grace and I never want to forget that. Only He knows Whitney's heart. Yes, she made some poor choices but I've never been famous and hounded by people and the press. There are temptations and things in her life that I probably would never encounter. Except by the grace of God ...

Thank you for posting this.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Cathy said...

From the interviews I have seen with her, and what her friends say, she loved the Lord and took her Bible everywhere. God is her judge, we are not. I don't like to hear people criticizing her either. Blessings

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase