Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

HPW- 8-15-12



Its been a while since I posted a HodgePodge Wednesday but here goes.

1. When was the last time you 'disturbed your routine' and how'd you do it?
 Last Thursday and Friday, I went walking with a friend and then we sat on a bench and just waved at everyone driving by. We laughed until we had tears rolling and everyone else walking by was laughing. It was the most fun I have had in a long time.

2.What's your favorite fried food indulgence?
  shrimp fried rice no veggies or fried eggs, I just love to have them with biscuits to sop up the yolk :)

3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?
 I got a weekly allowance when  I was in high school. I used it for snacks, assorted school expenses. I didn't really stick with the allowance for my daughter, It was more hit or miss. Mostly she just asked for money and I would try to get some work out of her to earn it.

4. What's something you wish you knew more about?
God, men, romance, life in general. Jesus' life on Earth, cars since mine is always broken down, why things happen the way they do.

5.  Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?
 Lately my RA has been acting up so everything feels like I am too old to do.

6. What's a song you think has a great first line?
 Heard a new song for the first time today and loved it, its Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave
"Seems like all I can see was the struggle, haunted by ghosts in my past"

7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post. In other words...as you write, who is the audience in your head?
 I think I mostly write it for my girls and grandchildren to read in the future to know me better if anything should happen to me. My family that doesn't live close so they can keep up with our lives but lately I haven't done that great. I originially started my blog as a deals and contest blog for my coworkers and friends. Then there got to be so many that it wasn't that big a deal.  Sometimes I just write because no one else is listening so at least I can say it to someone.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Today is one of my cousin's birthday. Growing up we were best friends but as we got older we just didn't spend anytime together.  We talk on facebook but thats about it. I wish we could stay close to people we love but I guess life is all about moving on and making room for new things and people.

3 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Thanks for stopping by and I love the carrot cake story. BTW, I would have to have cream cheese icing on my cake too.

Enjoyed your HP answers as well, you've been busy answering questions today haven't you?

Blessings!

Marla said...

Your answer to #7 is exactly how I feel. Before blogging I wondered how to express myself and how to leave my love and "wisdom" for my daughters. Blogging has given me the outlet and is very satisfying.

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing...i found your blog thrue the hodgepodge...looking for to visit more...blessings from holland...

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase