Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A couple Pinterest Recipe I tried


I am always pinning so yesterday I decided to try a couple of the recipes to see if we liked them.  They turned out really well and will be repeat recipes with some adjustments. My adjustments are in red

 Outback Steakhouse Chicken (I got the recipe off Pinterest, the link on pinterest just went to another blogger who posted the recipe and gave a link to the main page of the blog it was supposed to come from. I went through weeks of posts but got tired of it. I hate not giving credit to the actual person but just couldn't find it on the blog it was supposed to come from. ) Awesome flavor and the honey mustard came through without being too much.

    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
    Lowry's Seasoning Salt
    6 bacon slices
    1/4 cup regular mustard (I used Koop's Honey Mustard instead of the mustard, honey and mayo)
    1/3 cup honey (I find Koops at the Dollar Tree for just a dollar and its wonderful)
    2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
    2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
    1 cup sliced fresh mushroom (We don't eat mushrooms so left this out)
    2 cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese

First, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt.  Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.  Remove bacon and set aside.  (Next time I won't cook the bacon, it got hard since you cook it for another 30 minutes, I will use it raw)
Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned.  Place chicken in a 9" × 13" casserole dish or pan.
To make the Honey Mustard:  In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes. 
Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
Serve with the left over Honey Mustard Sauce.

source: http://debrapate.blogspot.com






Creamed Corn Casserole - A wonderful lady from church makes a corn casserole that I love more than anything else at the dinners. I would gladly just eat that instead of dessert even. She gave me her recipe but she is a guesstimater and doesn't use exact measurements so I never got it right. I tried and tried. I saw this recipe on pinterest and it had most of the same ingredients so I decided to try it. It was pretty close and I think with the changes I plan it will be about right. It was a little too corny and sweet. Plus my pan really was too small and I should have either used a bigger pan or only poured half. It took forever to get done and was slightly curdled but not bad. After I make it next time with less corn I may need to adjust the milk and eggs also but for now I will wait and see.

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:

    1 can corn, drained  (I will leave this out, I think the one can of creamed will be enough)
    1 can creamed corn

    4 tablespoons flour
    4 tablespoons sugar (going to try only 2 tablespoons to see if that cuts the sweetness some)
    1 stick of butter, melted
    1 cup milk
    2 eggs, well beaten
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    pepper to taste (left out since its a sweet custard type dish)

Instructions:

    Mix all of the ingredients together -- it doesn't really matter what order. This is simplicity at its best!
    Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.
    This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled, but you may need to increase the baking time accordingly

http://unsophisticook.com/creamed-corn-casserole/


0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase