Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Question Friday





1. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
 Books
Bible
Anne of Green Gables (guess that means not the whole series)
something by Dick Francis
Secret Garden
 something by Beth Moore

Movies (strange there is power)
Fireproof 
Con Air
Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood 
Home is where the Heart Is
Its a Wonderful Life 

People ( I picked my grandkids because there wasn't enough for them and my girls)
 Junior 
Avril
Frankie
Peyton
Bella

Foods
Strawberries 
Chickens
Wheat
Sugar
Cow
    

2. What is your thought on year round school? 
I know a lot of people are in favor of it but I remember how much I loved vacation when I was in school. I can remember that thrill of the last day before summer break. I just don't think anything can compare to those solid weeks to just be a kid. I think we push children too hard these days. I don't know of anyone that had problems in school because of those breaks and I just don't think a 2 week break now and then compares. We need to get children back to being children and less like little adults. They spend too much time indoors playing video games alone.

3. What is your most embarrassing potty story? 
I think I was in my early 20's when this happened. We were at a wake and I don't know about where you are but where I am from everyone acts more like its a reunion than a memorial for the dead so they congregate and stand together. The men always gather at the back hall outside the bathrooms. I went to the bathroom and when I came out went to find my husband. This woman I didn't know came up to me and in my mind I was thinking who is she and what does she want. She whispered in my ear that my dress was caught in my hose. I was mortified :). To this day I check and double check if I am wearing a dress to make sure this never happens again :)

4. What's the temperature where you are?
25 but sunny. Its beautiful out but cold.

5. Are you a winter/spring/fall/summer person?   
Spring, I can't wait for blooms to start popping up, trees to show their flowers and to be able to plant plus all the baby animals.  

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase