Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hodge Podge Wednesday 1-30-13


Lordy, today is my cousin Jade's 20th birthday. I can't believe how the years have flown by. I remember going to the hospital with her mom when she was in labor and then all the years of babysitting. Now shes a beautiful young woman although different than about anyone else I have ever known. Jade is the most artistic person I have ever had the pleasure to meet.  This is Jade in a Japanese kimono she made herself and the girl beside her is a friend that Jade free style painted her face for a fall festival.




1. . In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49er's in the Superbowl.  What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
I would guess the Elton John concert we attend back in September. I am not a huge fan but my oldest is and she has wanted to see him for years. He was coming to WV and we bought tickets. She actually sat and cried during the concert. I have to admit he puts on awesome show. 

2. Share something you're a fan of these days?
I am more a fan of Jesus every day. I just keep learning the greatest things about Him. Can't wait to meet him in person.  And here lately I am a huge e-book fan. I got into the scene later than most people but now I am hooked. 

3. How do you feel about wings?  In case anyone is confused, I'm talking about the edible appetizer kind.  What's your preferred seasoning-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
I admit I am not a wing fan. I like the boneless wings from Applebee's which are really not wings but breast. I just don't see why people enjoy wings but to each his own. I just saw the funniest article where 2 men had stolen $65000 worth of wings from the warehouse they worked. I admit stealing isn't funny but that a lot of wings :). I guess they were going to sale them for Superbowl Sunday.

4. As long as we're talking sports today, have you been following the Lance Armstrong story?  Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I haven't really been following per se but I have caught some of the articles. I was sad and disappointed when he confessed especially considering how vehemently he had denied it over the years. I would have had more respect if he would have manned up and admit it when first accused. 

5. What's a question you hate to be asked?
What do you weigh?

6. The coaches in this Sunday's big match up happen to be real life brothers.  Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens.  Were you and your sibling(s) competitive?  In what way?  Are you still?  If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up? 
I am 11 yrs older than my sister and I was 23 years older than my brother so not a lot of competition. I did resent my sister more because I was at the age of stuff being mine and suddenly everyone was like let her have it shes the baby. She tore up my year book, dolls etc and it was ok with our mom because she was the baby. Then it wasn't long before I moved out so we never really were together much until she was around 19 then we got to be ok friends.  My brother was more like an extra kid of mine because I was already a mom at that at point.  

7. What's your favorite game involving a ball, and when did you last play? 
Bowling and its been a couple years. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
 Saw an interesting thing about huge group of starlings that were flying over Israel after being gone for many years. I always think things that happen in Israel are more interesting because of prophecy.  

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I heard about the wing theft. Was that really going to make them money? Such a funny thing to steal.

retired not tired said...

Happy birthday Jade. She is a beautiful young lady.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the weight question! I get that all the time because I am petite. I usually just laugh it off.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Kara said...

I am definitely a fan of Jesus! :) As for ebooks, I love them too. I've only had my kindle for a year or so, but I definitely love the convenience of it. :) Now I'm wondering where on earth they were planning to keep the wings. After reading the article, I had to laugh at the last line. Somebody had too much fun with that one! :D

bp said...

I used to go bowling with my cousin all the time in the summer. We'd get a pass in a summer fun pack from school for a free game every day all summer so I'd take her about once a week. Then we'd get a snowcone.

Bethany

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase