Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

     We went to the store today and on the way, we passed a group of teenagers walking up the side of the Interstate carrying a cross. My daughter's boyfriend wanted to know what they were doing so I explained Good Friday to him but my voice broke for the tears. To think my Lord and Savior went through such awful torture for me. I thank God that Jesus loved me so much He died to give me a home in Heaven. I forgot that love for a while some years back but I am so grateful He gave me an opportunity to make it right again and there is nothing on Earth that will ever come between Jesus and me again. Jesus, I just want to thank you for walking that horrible path to Golgotha for my soul. 
      Sitting here thinking how grateful I am for salvation, I have something on my mind. This is not aimed at anyone just thinking out loud. I see so many posts about not judging others and how we should be too busy caring about our own sins to mind others. I am thankful that someone cared enough about my soul to talk to me about where my sins were leading me. I think prayer and a loving word spoken at the right time make all the difference. Hell is a horrible horrible place and I wouldn't want anyone to spend a minute there. The devil is busy and sometimes it seems like hes winning but I read the end of the book and God wins so we need to make sure we are on His side and try to show that love to as many as possible. 
     Yes we all sin daily but we aren't to abide in our sins, we are to strive each day to be more like Jesus. Oh how I wish I could make that choice for you so that all of us could go to Heaven. I hope I didn't sound all preachy but Good Friday just overwhelms me and I want all of you to know I love you and am praying for you. Please pray for me.

     This song seems appropriate for today because when He was on the cross, He was looking ahead in time and seeing how much I (and everyone else) would need salvation and a way to make Heaven our home.



 "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son."
- John 3:16


"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.'"
- John 11:25-26


Mark 15:22-25 -- They brought Jesus to the place called Golgotha (which means The Place of the Skull). 23 Then they offered him wine mixed with myrrh, but he did not take it. 24 And they crucified him . . . 25 It was the third hour when they crucified him. 


1Cor. 15:1-3 -- Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 


Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase